Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controllers.

Hello again.

{ Curtis Controllers.} They list their controllers by Application.

Traction or Pump.

Pump.

Traction.

And then they go on to list Vehicle Type.

I have a chance to buy a 72-volt 350 amp controller which is fully programmable at a good price. But its application is pump & vehicle type is material handling. Can you tell me if this controller will work on my golf cart or not...
    I was told that if the voltage & amps are what I'm looking for than it will work.

I am looking for a second opinion here. Thanks .

Traction and pump are basically the same controller traction controllers have braking options like plug braking.
    Go to the Curtis web site and look up that controller number.

You have given us nothing to work with like controller number, is your cart series or sepex. Are you making it AC drive, voltage of battery pack.
    Updated by gaminde; February 9, 2014, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Sorry about the lack of information .LOL. As my wife would say {But you know what I mean .

The controller in question is a 48-80 volt series .. Curtis # 1253. I have been to their web sight & have read the difference between traction & pump. But with my lack of knowledge on controllers are the abilty to understand, I still don't know if a pump controller will work in a traction application.
      Updated by Gear Head; February 9, 2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

I took a quick look at the 1253, this controller is pump only not both, the only one I could compare to was 1253-80xx which has a low voltage cutoff of 54volts too high for a 48 volt system. Again not enough info 1253 what
        How much is it, what do you want it to do, what are you installing it in, what voltage from what you have given NO.
        Updated by gaminde; February 9, 2014, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X