my brothers big bad workhorse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my brothers big bad workhorse

I bought this for my brother two years ago. I picked it up for $200 with no engine but mostly complete. Once we figured out just what he wanted to do with the cart, we tore it down to nothing but a frame. Once we got the body off we find the fun stuff. The frame is almost gone and dont look very promising. But i didn't worry about once i cut out all the bad stuff. Fortunately i had all the steel i needed to fix it laying around. So, two spools of wire and 3 argon bottles later i fixed the frame. Now i need a engine for it, so my brother made the call to tom at carts parts plus. A few days later i have a 18hp briggs kit to install. But before i can install it i need a lift kit. Since i know where to get tires from at a cheap price, we put 26" interco vampires on it. Next came the wheels and lift kit. We went for the allsport high five lift. Now we are cooking, frame is fixed and painted, lift kit is installed, and engine is mounted and running like a top.

Now the sad part. This project and some others had the brakes put on when our father got sick. 3 months later he passed and it took us a while to really get back in gear. Now we are back at a good stride again with it. As of right now i have ran all new wiring, installed the dash cover with gauges and new key switch plate from Andy. Yesterday the big brown truck dropped of his new custom ex innovation seats. This weekend we will get them mocked up and start on his roll cage. Once the cage is done it will be sent off for paint to match his truck. You can see his tundra in the background of one of the pics
    Attached Files

And a few more for now.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looking good my friend but please do me a favor and get the plate installed correctley. It's driving me nuts!!!!

sigpic
      I'm here to help!
      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

It is now, just wasn't in that picture

We are trying out a new head light switch, instead of a toggle style this one you just touch it.

Comment

Buy a cheap auto secruity system and use the remote and have no switches at all on the cart. Your the audio guy!!!!8 )
          Updated by andy4639; May 8, 2012, 10:24 PM.
          sigpic
          I'm here to help!

Comment

I did pitch that idea to him, but he didnt want to spend the extra money

Comment

Posted earlier by blake80 View Post
              I did pitch that idea to him, but he didnt want to spend the extra money

That's my next project when I build me another cart, may even do it to the wrecker when I start on it.
              sigpic
              I'm here to help!

Comment

Its crazy the things you can do with them. My cousin can adjust his air suspension with it

Comment

I bought this for my brother two years ago. I picked it up for $200 with no engine but mostly complete. Once we figured out just what he wanted to do with the cart, we tore it down to nothing but a frame. Once we got the body off we find the fun stuff. The frame is almost gone and dont look very promising. But i didn't worry about once i cut out all the bad stuff. Fortunately i had all the steel i needed to fix it laying around. So, two spools of wire and 3 argon bottles later i fixed the frame. Now i need a engine for it, so my brother made the call to tom at carts parts plus. A few days later i have a 18hp briggs kit to install. But before i can install it i need a lift kit. Since i know where to get tires from at a cheap price, we put 26" interco vampires on it. Next came the wheels and lift kit. We went for the allsport high five lift. Now we are cooking, frame is fixed and painted, lift kit is installed, and engine is mounted and running like a top.

Now the sad part. This project and some others had the brakes put on when our father got sick. 3 months later he passed and it took us a while to really get back in gear. Now we are back at a good stride again with it. As of right now i have ran all new wiring, installed the dash cover with gauges and new key switch plate from Andy. Yesterday the big brown truck dropped of his new custom ex innovation seats. This weekend we will get them mocked up and start on his roll cage. Once the cage is done it will be sent off for paint to match his truck. You can see his tundra in the background of one of the pics
                  sorry about your father Blake but on a brighter note the workhorse is going to be awesome.

Comment

Posted earlier by ak47fan View Post
                    sorry about your father Blake but on a brighter note the workhorse is going to be awesome.
                    thanks man, it was a sad time in my life but i thank jesus that he took my father home. dad passed peacfully the night he went home

as far as the cart, thanks. it has come a long way and still has a ways to go.

Comment

WOW! What a transformation! This thing looks GREAT!

Its crazy the things you can do with them. My cousin can adjust his air suspension with it
                      Ok that's funny! I thought about doing air ride but thought that was going overboard, I may have to look back into that.
                      If at first you don't succeed, scrap everything, burn the r&d center to the ground, then file and insurance claim stating you did succeed.

Comment

Thanks bud. You can run almost anything with a alarm. Whay is really cool is those that have used actuators to open and close the doors.

Comment

A little bit of a update. Got the seats mounted and the dump bed mocked up with new hinges. We also started with making the roll cage mounts today. Depending of what the tropical storm does here tomorrow, we might start bending the tubing. The cage for this one will extend over the bed. Ill post pics of the cage just as soon as we get to bending.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks great Brandon.

Comment

That is amazing !!

Comment

Thanks guys. once i get his roll cage built, everything will go to the painter and then it gets finished up

Comment

Sneak peak at my brothers cage, hard to see but we had just finished welding it up
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Just dropped the body off to the painter. Should have it back by the ens of the weekend.

Comment

Got the body back today. The painter did a great job. Should have it altogether by Tuesday, then ill get some good pics.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

That is one sweet ride.

Comment

Posted earlier by ducky View Post
                                          That is one sweet ride.
                                          Thanks bud. Ill get some updated pics of it.

Comment

Nice cart!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                            X