Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I remove the governor!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic. Sticky topics are carefully selected for their exceptional quality and relevance. These topics stand out for providing valuable insights, comprehensive information, and expert guidance on the subject matter. When you see this message, you're accessing top tier content that has been curated to deliver the most relevant and insightful information available.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I remove the governor!

The governor on your cart is there for a reason. It is possible to remove your governor and you may gain speed from it. Even better, it is free. But before you try something like this, please take a look at the things involved.

Pros:
    Gain Speed
    Accelerate Performance

Cons:
    Overheating
    Over-revving
    Seize
    Snapped connecting rods
    Melting internal components

The list keeps going on......

Check it out, today's going price for a refurbished engine on any golf cart is about $2000.00.

So please THINK before you DO. If you want to remove your golf cart governor, purchase and install a tachometer. This can keep you in control and less the chances of the above happening to you!

I wanna put mine back! Help?

Comment

I think on the G1's there is a spring that goes to the rear differential, if you remove the spring or tighten the bolt, it modifies the governor.
      Regards

Comment

if you do defeat the govenor then install a tach and keeo the rpm's under 3800. golf cart engines were not designed to run at high rpm's
        IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
        sigpic

Comment

the clutches wont handle it either !! they wernt designed to go over a certain rpm.

Comment

Hello ALL,
            In all the searches to remove the governor...most respond to the "T" shaped arm (gold) but I must be blind LOL because there is nothing "T" shaped or Gold on or near the transmission. I have a 97 Club Car and it has one cable coming from the gas pedal - connected to a flat piece of metal...and then off that piece of metal is another cable that runs to the engine...both have springs attached to the bar?????

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

On a club car a wire tie in the spring within a spring so that there is almost no movement works. We had rental cart at racing events so I always he'd the fastest cart. Nothing party's like a rental as they say. Works on easygo as well

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X